Saturday, February 14, 2015

Don't fly too close to the sun

I have popped three pills today. This tab of acid sounds like a great idea. That last joint really kicked up my energy. I can hear the music outside of the toilet. The loud repetitive bass line makes me think I’m stuck in a loop. Not this trip again. My reckless intake of forbidden substances turns me into a gormless meat puppet.

When I come out, there is a girl with a short red dress. Her look invites me to eat her. Her closed eyes beg me to spread her legs. But I’m shy. With this much ecstasy in my system, I probably couldn’t even get it up anyways.

I go to the bar, order an overpriced beer, and revise my decisions. I easily lose the train of thought and remember my father’s words before going out today. “Don’t get fucked up today. Don’t fly to close to the sun”. Then he sticks his hand in his pocket and gives me an orange pill container with enough MDMA to rave up a funeral. My brain is overclocked. Thoughts flash parallel, in a constant stream of irrational impressions. These pills taste like wax. I kinda dig this new club. How am I supposed to sell this shit while I can’t even put two and two together. Is the effect wearing off? I can’t come down now. I forgot to feed the cat. I need another pill.

The big purple letters over the bar announce the place’s name. “Labyrinth” they scream at you. The L starts melting and I notice my hands are a bit heavier than normal. I haven’t had any water. Past me would kill me if he saw how irresponsible I’m being. Future me would… would… Will there be a future me?

Why would you name your beer Sun. These microbreweries are getting out of control. I start sweating but I’m not hot. I take a sip and I can almost taste how the hoppy beer dissolves my newly acquired way of escaping this place. I start shaking but I am not scared. Or am I? I start laughing but I’m not happy. I think those two last pills were a bit excessive. I close my eyes and I see myself flying over a green field. I spread my wings and let the sun warm up my body. I am very hot. I wonder what would happen if I pop another one. Leave some for tomorrow. I soar up into the sky and I feel how I’m getting higher and higher. I pass out.


I’m at a hospital. Last thing I hear is my father calling my name in tears. “Icarus” he sobs. I die.

No comments: